Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IMB Thinkpad A31
Recently I have experienced some problem with the screen. It becomes dark no picute or it it comes up it will be shaking. I run a test and sometimes the video will fail the test.
I think I need to buy a new video card but I do not know where to get it.
Somebody suggested that I vist lenova.com but I did not see a link to parts
Any person with an idea please?
The video type is IBM Thinkpad and 16MB ATI Mobility RADEON 7500

NB is there any upgrade like 32MB intead of 16MB and will it work with my computer?

You will not be able to upgrade the graphics in your laptop ever.
Laptops are not upgradable like PCs.
You can add memory, put in a larger hard drive, or change the optical drive but no more than that.

Motherboard IBM Thinkpad A31

I have been experiencing a problem with my laptop. Most of the time the screen become completely invisible. If it comes up then it will be very shake. A PC doctor test shows that hte vido failled.
i was wondering if one of you know where I can get a motherboard for IBM Thinkpad A 31 at a resonable price
Please let me know
Jo

I had a HP laptop last year that did the same exact thing. I had to replace the display. Found one pretty cheap on eBay. I would suspect this is your problem too.

Thank you for your reply what do you mean by I replaced Display" what is display standing for can you be more specific. I am good in PC but I kinda new with laptop but I can figure my way out
Thanks

I'd check ebay, I had an old Dell laptop and one day the motherboard just got fried and I got a brand new one for pretty cheap. I don't really know anything about laptop video cards or screens, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back