Videos will not play in an internet browser or media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimla

No video will play on any of my internet browser(ie7, firefox, mozilla)

they come up with an error and have to close

i have 2 codec programs installed, divx and ac3filter.

Videos i download will not even play in any media player neither.

what could the problem be?

I am actually having a similiar, but not as extreme, problem where almost none of my Windows Media Player files do not play. I have not yet figured out a solution, but if I do I will post the solution here.

The codec didn't do it, I still get the "such and such" has encountered a problem and needs to close. message even with the codecs player.

i had those, but no luck here is a screenshot of what the error says

untitled.jpg

It looks like maybe the quartz.dll, which is part of DirectX Direct show component may be corrupt or missing.

Download quartz.dll from HERE. Extract it to wherever you want.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Now place the quartz.dll file in your windows/system32 folder. If it asks you if you want to replace the current file, click yes.

Rehide your protected OS files and reboot your system. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Does the solution linked by Dabears, help at all?

If not, try downloading and installing DirectX again.

If that doesn`t help, I`m kind of out of ideas.

well i thank you all for the help, but i somehow got it to work again, i reinstalled my ATI driver and WMP.

Just so I do not have to make a new thread, how can I go about uninstalling Windows Media Player 11 for Windows Vista?

As far as I`m aware and I stand to be corrected, Media player 11 is integrated into Vista.

In other words, you can`t uninstall it.

The interesting thing is that if I drag and drop the media files into Windows Movie Maker, they play fine when I run them. So this must mean that the problem is Windows Media Player. This is a big issue since I can't seem to find any word on how to uninstall/fix the Media Player. :(

no solution worked actually, i tried re-installing directx again but it won't let me, it says i have the latest version and it wouldnt take any action, is there anyway to downgrade it or make it so i can reinstall again

ok so I tried a new method and it works and i think it cured the problem, i turned off my crossfire mode, so its using 1 video card right now. its playing my videos find but i want to turn my crossfire back on, is there any bugs that i should know of or solutions to make this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back