TechSpot

View source problem in windows 2000 server.

By siva_vandanapu
Jun 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi friends,
    i am sivakumar..I am getting a problem that i cannot able to see the view source from view--> viewsource in browser(OS is windows 2000).but on right clicking i can able to see the view source.
    Some times i cannot able to see the content of the pop-up windows.."This page cannot be displayed" message is coming...Can any one suggest me reagrding this.

Thanks in advance
    Sivakumar.Vandanapu
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Try Firefox from www.getfirefox.com
    When FF is installed, get a new Firefox 'Extension' by the name of 'Web Developer' from the Tools/Extensions/Get more extensions.
    That is great for web-developers and for e.g. looking at web-pages in different formats etc.

In IE it can happen that pages need to be 'refreshed' before they load properly. Also some DNS-servers may not have the name you need on their servers, so they cannot 'translate' the pagename in the web-address (which is numbers like 123.234.345.67)

If you have not done so, update Windows 2000 IE from version 5 or 5.5 to 6 with SP1.
    Also make sure you have W2K-SP4 installed and all the follow-up patches by MS (almost 40).
    In general, only use IE for windows updates, for anything else use Firefox.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.