Viewing Microsoft windows network

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenateKT

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

let's explore the wiring; sounds like you have
Code:
modem----(wan)router(lan)---(??)ap .... wireless connections
                 |
                 + ---- wired connections
If the AP only has one slot to connect to the router, then you're stuck using it,
but if it also has one or more LAN slots, connect the AP.LAN to the router.LAN
and disable DHCP in the AP.

the object Ididmyc600 is hinting at is ALL systems need to be in the same subnet,
eg 192.168.1.x

If the AP connected devices are on something else like 192.168.2.x, sharing will be much more difficult.

If the AP only has one wired connection, then you're going to need a careful configuration:

1) set the router address (eg 192.168.1.1), and the DHCP range 1.2->1.10
2) set the AP address to 192.168.1.100 and its DHCP range to 1.101->1.110

Devices with addresses less that 1.11 will be wired devices and
those with addresses greater than 1.100 will be wireless
(and you can do tricks in the firewall due to this segregation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back