Viewing wmv file on dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsou

I have a film which I bought online and which has become a winamp file after somebody dwnld winamp for me and now can't burn it onto a dvd to view it on a dvd player. I dwnld tmpgenc4 free 14 day trial but this doesn't recognise my winamp file either only wants to read avi's. Thanks for the help - if possible within the free trial period if that's the software I'll need!

I believe if you right click on the file and go to "Open with", you can change it back so that it opens with your dvd player.

eroz, I think he's talking about a set top dvd player, not a software dvd player.

Winamp has absolutely nothing to do with your problem, and you can do like eroz says if you want double clicking to open with a different program by default. But any program that could handle that wmv in the past can still handle it now.

Problem is if you bought it online its probably heavily DRM'd (Digital Rights Management) which is designed to prevent you from doing anything you want to the file, especially transcoding to something else without DRM. So it may be that its not even possible to do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back