TechSpot

ViewSonic readies dual-OS ViewPad 10pro tablet

By Matthew
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Unveiled earlier this year, ViewSonic is finally gearing up to launch its ViewPad 10pro with a release window of late August through mid-September. In a day of iPad clones, it's…

Read the whole story

2. After buying the G-Tab, I will never buy another Viewsonic product again. The G-Tab is a great tab that will forever be stuck at Android 2.2 unless you decide to void your warranty and modify the tablet. I was very disappointed with the poor attitude Viewsonic had towards their product.

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Add to that also the amount they charge for these products. Why would I pay the same to this company, instead of getting iPad which I know Apple will support and improve? (Although I'm not particularly fond of them releasing a tablet every 6 months.)

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Yay, dual OS tab... great for all those casual users who want something to check their mail, read web comics and play browser based games. Those users will really benefit from the versatility of a dual OS device!

5. mados123

mados123 TS Rookie Posts: 17

I don't think essentially running a Virtual Machine of Google's mobile OS on top of Windows is going to help the battery life much. I also hope it doesn't draw too much from the memory resources.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.