Viewsonic VX910 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezebelstorm

My monitor is 1.5 years old and has been working perfectly. (I take very good care of my monitor!) Yesterday, with no warning, the screen slightly dimmed and then went black. The "on-off" switch flickered. I tried disconnecting it from my CPU and unplugging it from the electrical source and I tried re-booting my computer. None of this made any difference. I have a new video card but connected the monitor to another computer just in case the new card was bad. Again, no results. I hate to think that a 1.5 year old monitor needs to be replaced. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Does it even go to standby mode ? If you simply connect the monitor to a power socket & not to a computer, when you turn it on it should go into standby mode. If it doesn't even do that then it is your monitor that's at fault (& probably needs to be sent in for repair).

Thanks for your reply. The monitor does not go into standby mode when plugged in to an outlet so I guess it is shot. It just infuriates me that I spent a lot of money on this monitor (Viewsonic) and it has only lasted a year and a half.

Such a monitor should have more than a single year warranty though. Is there a possibility to have it repaired ? My ViewSonic VX912 has a 3 year warranty.

According to the Viewsonic website, the VX910 is one of nine that are excluded from the three year warranty. I am going to contact Viewsonic today. And I will check on getting this one fixed...but if it costs too much $$, it is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back