VINTAGE ATARI 8BIT games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

I'm trying to remember the title of a shareware game for the old atari 8bit computers 800xl, 1200xl, 1450xld etc...

it was made by an independant programmer and it was free -

you flew around this little UFO blasting enemies both in the air and also on the surface of a planet. It was a really cool game. I remember there was an enhanced version of the game you could buy from the programmer, but damn, I can't remember the title. It was kind of a cross between defender and gravitar. You could blast through the surface of the planet to hit enemies on the other side of a mountain for example. There weren't any smart bombs, you just had a laser cannon.

The graphics were pretty good and the game was very addictive and fun to play.
:rolleyes:

no. It was not a commericial game. It was a freeware game. Damn, I wish I could remember the game. Basically you were flying above the surface of the planet from left to right. You had to either kill or avoid all the enemies on each screen before moving to the next. Each screen the enemies either got harder or you were introduced to some new ones. The very last screen had a mothership you had to kill. Enemies were either airborne or surface based. If you hit the ground your shields would protect you for a short time but would run out, then you would crash. As you were going through the ground, you displaced dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back