TechSpot

Virtual Machine errors

By StormBringer
Nov 13, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been trying to sort this out myself for a while but finally I'm still at a loss. I noticed a while back that some java applets wouldn't load and would tell me I needed to get Microsoft VM, well, I already had it installed so I figured it was just the fault of the websites because other sites worked fine with similar types of applets. Then my wife informed me that Yahoo chat gave the error. I tried several things, as well as removing it like an article in MSKB says and reinstalling it, still no good. I even tried using JVM instead of MSVM, but it is still the same. Unless someone else has any ideas, I will chalk it up to something that I have installed that is interfering with the applets loading. I came to that conclusion because several sites applets load fine, while others don't.

Anyone have any idea what might cause this?
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,871

anyone? This is really annoying
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Could it be something like that?
  4. StormBringer

I saw that thread, the thing is...I don't use TweakXP. I also don't use any Ad Blockers.
  5. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Rookie Posts: 224

U could try reinstalling IE again cause i thinks its on that, a part of stuff which is installed.
  6. StormBringer

could you elaborate on that? What "stuff"?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.