Virtual PC

gulabg

I have a computer with windows 7.1. Can I install virtual PC program and where do I get it?

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

Yup, anything non-windows or pre XP SP3 is not officially supported. But, Windows Virtual PC can run some Linux distro's.

VirtualBox is probably the best one to use overall.

I was able to install virtual PC. I am trying to run windows XP mode. The ultimate purpose is to run
DBASE. It is a 16 bit DOS program. It used to run on windows XP, but would not run on windows 7.1.
Any idea about if this will work or do I need a 64 bit version of DBASE?
Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

The best solution appears to be a dual boot between Windows 7.1 and windows XP. I believe that will solve the problem.
Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

I saw you make a similar mistake in another thread a week or two ago. There is no such thing as Windows 7.1. There is Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

This may not seem like a big deal, but we are a computer help forum and people with various levels of experience arrive here through search engine results looking for answers to their problems. Having 7.1 talked about like it is real can be a source of confusion. This is especially true now with Windows 8 and 8.1, the latter is officially an 'update' and not a service pack.

Back