TechSpot

Virtuix's Omni gaming treadmill now available for pre-order

By Shawn Knight
Aug 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Virtuix’s Omni gaming treadmill is now available for pre-order following an overwhelmingly successful run on Kickstarter earlier this year that racked up more than $1.1 million in funding. An investment of $499 for single-player action or $1,018 (multiplayer) will get...

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,457   +606

Hope this thing does well, lets get those fat McDonalds kids off the couch :p

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

That is expensive.

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

A whole year away and taking pre-orders already, that doesn't sound right... They must be completely out of money trying to sell this thing so far in advance.

5. freythman

freythman TS Booster Posts: 113   +10

Cheaper than a gym membership. More fun to boot.

6. I hope the Oculus is sweat proof!

7. thewind

thewind TS Enthusiast Posts: 76

I agree! It is really expensive for what it is... A ps4 is only $400! This cant cost that much to make... I'd pay $300 but not a penny more!

8. freythman

freythman TS Booster Posts: 113   +10

$300 barely gets you a decent "normal" treadmill. This one is omnidirectional with input to your PC, so I'd say $499 is a great value for a product that is showing its face on the market for the first time.

SantistaUSA and TheDreams like this.
  9. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

That's pretty cool. We will have some pretty awesomely fit gamers!

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Need to be of average height or shorter to use this. There's simply not enough room to run.

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,517   +2,060

I'll wait for gym's to incorporate this then simply take out a membership. Much cheaper. Now where did I leave my Big Mac...