Virtumundo - Outer info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having virus problems - My avant browser would pull up blank pages automatically, and my DNS was being hijacked. Upon checking i found I had Virtumundo and Outer info. I followed the preliminary removal instructions and attached are the various logs. Please help get my system clean

Hi g8classified and welcome to techspot =)

I noticed that you have not posted all the requested logs. Please do so in the next post.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Alcmtr

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.
I:\WINDOWS\system32\gjkmp.ini2
I:\WINDOWS\system32\gjkmp.bak2
I:\WINDOWS\system32\gjkmp.bak1
I:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkjg.dll.vir
I:\WINDOWS\system32\vp6vfw.dll
I:\VundoFix Backups
I:\WINDOWS\system32\rmlbjggu.dll
I:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of g8classified only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Go to Start > Run and type regedit. Press Enter.
Click on File > Export.. and save the whole file in C:\mybackup.reg
Press ctrl + F and search for all instances of the following and delete them.
winqlf32.dll
ALCMTR.EXE

Close the program.

Then have HijackThis fix the following:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CFCF557E-CB3F-4907-975B-001B6F649AB2} - I:\WINDOWS\system32\rmlbjggu.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winqlf32 - winqlf32.dll (file missing)

Next, please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT and ComboFix logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of g8classified only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back