Not open for further replies.
  1. I obtained a virus or spyware " Security System Protection"

It is a Red and White window that says 'Security system Waring"

Alert Details
    File: C:\WINDOWS\wml.exe

Threat:Abebot

Click here to visit PC-Antispyware

System Integrity Scan Wizard
    Warning: Your computer may have critical errors in Windows registry and file system!

I must also point out that i also receive a pop up in the the right system tray which alerts the following

To scan your computer for errors please click the 'Next' button below

In addition an exclamation mark still appears in the bottom right system tray that says click here to fix problem .

I purchased on line the Spyware Doctor with Anti-virus and the Registery Mechanic from the same company. I even went and bought the Maestro clean tool for PC which is almost identicle to the Registry Mechanic. Any how I am still getting issues.

From what I have read I am not the only one with this virus. Your help to rid myself of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi Mr.Long Drive :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

This forum is for introductions only as stated above: in the Introduce yourself forum
    To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread, Here

Also it is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

Enjoy your Stay :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.