Virus caused me to get the blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRevka

Yesterday, I got a virus that was called anti-virus Pro or something similar to that--I cannot remember. It kept on saying that my computer was infected. When I tried running Malwarebytes' anti-malware or windows task manager, or anything else, it immediately exited the program and told me it was infected.

I decided to turned off the computer and run it back up so I could the computer to run it on safe mode. When I did this, the computer, after I selected to run it on safe mode, showed the windows xp loading screen for a second before showing the blue screen of death and restarting. I have tried running the last good configuration, starting windows normally, and running the various safe modes but none of them worked.

So I put in my windows xp disc and ran the repair feature. Then I wrote chkdsk /r and the computer ran this process. The last time I had a blue screen of death, this fixed my problem. But this time the problem is still present.

When I disabled the automatic restart upon system failure, here is what I found:

(The normal blue screen, problem detected, etc) then....

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xBA8093c0, 0xBACCB52c, 0xBACCB228)

*** atapi.sys BA8093c0 base at BA7f3000, DateStamp 41107b4d

I cannot get into this computer because it keeps on restarting or being stopped by the blue screen during the initial boot process, so I am currently using a different computer. I cannot access anything past the windows xp loading screen.

Edit
I reinstalled xp and now I have a new problem, no more BSOD but I cannot activate xp.

I cannot activate windows xp. According to the Microsoft directions you have to go to system tools and click "Activate Windows". However, when I do that I do not see "Activate windows". When I click the bubble warning me I only have 29 days click here to activate, the hourglass shows up for a second before disappearing; nothing happens after that. How am I supposed to activate windows?

Please read 8-step Virus Removal and download the Programs requested in the thread, then post the logs after you have run scans next time if you have a problem. For this thread, it should be resolved using Spyware Doctor. Download that and install it, then run a scan and delete any malicious software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back