Virus Causing BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago I downloaded a program from a very shady website, and like a fool, I ran it. 30 seconds after running it my computer gave me a BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x000000D1 NDIS.SYS. Now, I can only start my computer in Normal mode if it isn't connected to the internet. No changes in hardware or drivers have been made in months, and this computer has never given me a BSOD. This BSOD is clearly being caused by a virus.

Attatched are three of the latest minidump files. How can I put a stop to these blue screens!?

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 16
All your crashes are caused by "Rtlnic51.sys", which is part of Realtek drivers, with a bugcheck of D1. Uninstall your Realtek hardware and software, then see if the file is still in C:\Windows\System32. If it is, then delete it, and then reinstall your Realtek driver/software.

Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error.
If you think you have a virus, then download a free scanner like Avast or AVG, and scan your pc.

If you still have problems, then download the Winsock Fix and repair your Winsock.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with altheman as to the cause of your crashes.

However, if you really do think your system is infected, go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log into this thread and I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Reinstalling my Realtek drivers didn't work, but running Winsock Fix certainly did. Thanks a lot altheman and howard_hopkinso. Your in-depth understanding of computers is astounding.

Yes, my computer is infested a ton of malware, but I'm removing it just fine. Things that I am having trouble with are Windows Update and Windows Firewall - they just don't work. I think the malware changed some settings so that these programs can't be used/turned on. Can this be repaired?

In that case, may I suggest you go and follow the instructions in this thread HERE.

Then, open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment, after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back