Virus deleted explorer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartmike

Hello my explorer.exe process does not appear at start up and now it will only show the back round. I go to manually start it and its gone so I want to replace it with a new explore.exe so I can easily delete/quarantine the virus that did this. Any one have a download link.

I don't know that a download link exists for the explorer.exe file from whatever version of Windows you may have. Your best bet I believe would be for you to obtain one from your or someone's disk and place it in your Windows folder and probably in your system32 subfolder. You could maybe do an sfc /scannow from your start>run box and it should ask you for your disk and it will find that your explorer.exe is either missing or corrupt and replace it with a clean one in the proper location. Best to you...

Let's be sure what you're actually missing:

"Virus deleted explorer.exe"
"I want to replace it with a new explore.exe so I can easily delete/quarantine the virus that did this."

explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer. Right click on Start> Explore.
explore.exe is added to the system as a result of the GRAYBIRD.G virus.

Sounds like Explorer.exe is not starting properly, or Explorer.exe is not
selected as the system 'shell'. Can you manually start Explorer.exe (This is
WINDOWS EXPLORER - NOT INTERNET EXPLORER) from the Task Manager ?

Explain what you mean by using this to delete/quarantine the virus.

I tried to manually start it but its been deleted. Also a virus did this and if I could load windows I could install a good anti-virus and quarantine or delete the virus that did this.

Okay, let's go back to the beginning:

"Virus deleted explorer.exe"

How do you know this? What happened? How did you get the information? What was the virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back