Virus!! Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyp138

I think I may have a virus butI cannot find it to get rid of it.
OK heres what happens, I use my PC and after a random amount of time my calculator opens two or three times then my pc just shuts down - i have tried spybot S&D Mcafee stinger and AVG 7.5 but I still cannot find what is causing this....any ideas?

Nimda Virus??

Hi I have got a virus on my PC which I think is a NIMDA virus, basically my hard drive keeps getting filled up with desktop.eml files
no matter how many times I delete these they all just come straight back - I have tried the symantec removal and Mcafee stinger but none of them can find any virus on my machine.....Any ideas would be most welcomed.

I have merged your new thread into this one.

I hope you will follow the instructions and get back to me this time. ;)

Take a look at this article/removal instructions HERE.
This should at least tell you if you really do have this particular virus.

Then, go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jonnyp138 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks I will give it a try, the auto removal links on this page does not work - page cannot be found

will try manually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back