Virus: now Windows won't load

By sierralm
Oct 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virus: now Windows won't load (Police Pro 2009)

A couple days ago a bunch of viruses such as Police Pro and a couple others popped up so using msconfig I tried to boot into safe mode. When I restarted the computer a screen appeared that offered me the option of choosing Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally ( the words may have been slightly different). Whenever I press Start Windows Normally or Last Known Good Configuration it just Restarts. And if I push safe mode (any of the safe modes) it starts displaying a long list of things like
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ntoskral.exe
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hal.dll
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\KDCOM.DLL
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\BOOTVID.dll
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\......
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\gagp30kx.sys

The one with the multiple dots represents the fifty or so other listings in between the beginning ones and last ones. I can list most of the rest if needed. Thank you for helping me.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

If you are running XP, try performing an XP Repair and or look over these instructions:
    Computer Won't Start

It sounds like your hard drive data is corrupt
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.