TechSpot

Virus on computer- cannot access control panel

By dsen
Dec 4, 2007
  1. hey, i need some help. somehow i got this virus on my comp. immediately my anti virus system cought it. but then different viruses just kept popping up. i knew at once that its infected so i ran my comp in safe mode. ran my virus scan(symantec client security) . and also adaware spybot(yeah, i know they dont really do much). so heres problem. i try to access my control panel but it keeps saying im not the computer admin(but i am) and some virus that my antivirus catches wont delete.... its location is c:/windows/system32/proper.exe and a couple more somewhat like that...im running windows xp....if i didnt provide enough info, sorry but please tell me so you can help me further. oh and i turned off my internet on the comp..im on my labtop right now...any help apreciated thank you

edit. when i try control panel it says specifically that "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. please contact your sys admin"

edit 2.. sorry if someone posted a thread like this, if you could link me or any sort of help would be greatly apreciated

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Banned Posts: 428

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.