Virus problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this is my first post here, so i might not be so familiar with what is considered proper behavior here. I just wanted to ask if anybody managed to solved this problem yet? I'm having trouble with those same issues, and i've scanned the hole piece of c*ap with dozens of virus & malware scanners and haven't got any solutions. Some minor spyware was found (flyswat, zlob-trojan, etc.) which have been all removed. Still the same symptoms remain. I would definitely like to get this thing working already.

I'm running on Win 2k sp1. I did an emergency install after the problems started, with no effect. Now I can't install any updates or service packs. I found out that copy/pasting work with some programs (paint, notepad), but the most essential programs won't do it. Please don't make me "copy/paste" any of those monster-urls. It takes ages to type it into the address bar.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for possible mistakes in my spelling (yes, i'm a foreigner).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Finman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok, moving this to its own thread is kinda wise, although the original symptoms described in the original thread can't be seen now.. So here are the symptoms again:
1) cannot drag & drop files
2) cannot move or paste
3) cannot add or remove programs
4) WINNT folder seems empty, as well as Program Files

I have already done everything in the thread you pointed me to, with no results. I can't install AVG Antivirus because the virus or whatever prevents me from installing it. It also prevents the use of online scanners (tried every single one i could find). Avast! did't find anything.

I can't paste the HJT log file as a doc file (because the copy/paste really doesn't work, exept from notepad to firefox and other exeptions), so here it is in text. Sorry but this is the only way to get it here:

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Uninstall two of your antivirus programmes, either Bullguard, AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic or Avast. I recommend you keep Avast. This is because it`s not recommended to run more than one antivirus programme. It will slow your system down and can cause conflicts.

SpyHunter

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

RegVac Registry Service

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

RegVserv.exe
SpyHunter.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BHR] C:\Program Files\Zamaan's Software\Browser Hijack Retaliator 4.5\BHR.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Vie Microsoft E&xceliin - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O16 - DPF: {1DA3C4AB-E6B6-47A6-B0F3-1BD81524B51B} (ActiveWorldsDownload Control) - http://www.activeworlds.com/products...dsDownload.cab

O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/Activ...veLauncher.cab

O16 - DPF: {EABA57A8-B747-46F2-9E3F-CDCD4C6C6A33} (MetaInstaller Class) - http://www.vapaatila.net/nokia/sense...ainstaller.cab

O23 - Service: RegVac Registry Service (RegVacService) - Super Win Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\RegVac Registry Cleaner\RegVserv.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\RegVac Registry Cleaner<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and an AVG Antispyware log as attachments(see HERE) if you can.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Finman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

This is where it gets akward. I still cannot copy paste, so have to write your instruction down manually. I also can't use the Add/Remove -function, and I cannot search for uninstallers because that option is also disabled. I can't go to Program Files, or System files because there's nothing visible. This means I can't uninstall those antivirus-programs, or install AVG. I also can't post an AVG report before this is solved.

And that SpyHunter thing you mentioned, just found a trojan called Zlob, which seemed to be invisible to all other scanners.

I really do appreciate your help, and certainly will try my best to do everything you said. Let's see what happens.

I have attached a copy of the instructions in a .txt file that you can download.

I`m sorry you`re having so many problems. If you don`t have any luck with getting rid of the entries/files I suggested, perhaps it`s time to think about backing up your important data and doing a reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back