Virus, Spyware, Adware Problems- come and seek your answer to your virus problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykid99

I just fixed my computer with my computer reboot disk. Everything was running fine until I downloaded and instaleld some instant messengers. I downloaded Zango and Meca Messenger. My MSn Messenger is safe though. I scanned my computer with Norton AntiVirus 2004, AdAware Se Personal, Spy-Bot Search and Destroy, and Spy Sweeper, all the scans were succesful. Although I do have questions. Spybot keeps finding the same eror on my computer. It has five entries and its called DSO Exploit. I dont know if its DSO or DSN but its D something and it ends with exploit. What is this error thing called? How do you get rid of it? Another thing, Norton 2004 scanned my computer and Iit found like 14 viruses. I deleted them but it said "delete failed". How do I delete the viruses permanently? I even scanned my computer in Safe Mode w/Networking. Please Help me. I think its because of my 2 messengers. By the way I have Microsoft Windows XP/emachines/Dell. Athlon XP 2800+ processor.

I'm still Crazykid99. One more thing. I have Ad-Aware SE Personal. I update my definitons a lot. I run full system scan and the other scans too: ADS scan and Smart System scan. What is ADS anyway? ANyway, i scanned my computer and deleted all the problems I got as results of the scan. With all the problems deleted I thought that all the Adaware was gone. I scanned with norton antivirus 2004 and i got like 14 viruses! All Adware. How do i delete all the adware from my computer?

that expliot is probably a hole in your security that a virus/hacker has used to get at your system. try updating NAV and windows xp then retry removing the viruses. otherwise you'll need to do a complete low level format to ensure removal of the viruses. use only the software provided by your HDD mfg, and use a clean disk to run the utility.

Virus problems

What is a HDD mfg? What is a low level format thing? I did update NAV and my whole entire computer is updated. I think I just forgot to turn on some things. I turned my internet security on, antivirus on, and my norton firewall on. How do I stop the security alerts from commming up again? It keeps on saying "The personal firewall rule was executed" Its annoying. Here is all the viruses that were deteced on my computer.

bb.exe Adware.Bargain...
systb.exe Adware.IEPlugin
temp.fr7B23 same thing
webrebates.exe Adware.WebReb...
wupdt.exe Adware.IEPlugin
same
same
same
same
same

How do I remove all these Adware viruses? My Ad-Aware SE Personal is updated but it never finds these files and I delete all the files that came up. What should I do? My NAV 2004 says "delete failed" on all those viruses.

virus problems

hey thanx, i'll try those. I have one more problem. I just ran and finished scanning my computer with NAV 2004, Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware SE personal (Full System Scan and someothers), and SPyBot Search and Destroy. I had no viruses detected, only DSO Exploit came out in SPybot, and there was no spyware detected. I'll checkthose websites later. There's only one more problem. I think it has to do with my firewall. If i go to google and type in majorgeeks. IT comes up as a result. But when I click onthe result to take me to the official website it does but itsays www.majorgeeks.com and inside the wepage it says page cannot be displayed. I think my firewall is blocking something out. How do I configure my firewall so I don't have to have any annoying security alerts and so that I can go to any website without any problems. Please help me on my firewall problem. Thanx

i got it

Youcan still reply to my other message above. It seems that mycomputer is fine in safe mode. The internet and firewall looks fine in safe mode, which is where I am right now. But when I go to normal mode the problems come in. Why is that?

have a look inside the \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. This has NO extension, and can be opened with e.g. Notepad.
Normally there is only one entry in it: 127.0.0.1 localhost
Maybe there are more now, because some adware etc. changed it.
Delete all other entries except the 127.0.0.1 localhost
Save the file, then in Explorer rightclick it, select Properties and set the file attribute to Read-Only.

virus prob

thanx, i'll try that. i dunno wut happened. my internet and messenger was workin in safe mode but then only the games and programs that i installed on my computer worked wheni switched to normal mode. i fiddled with Norton syetmworks and internet secirity, re installing them and all of a sudden things strated workin again. its wierd. do u know any place where i can downlaod free computeer games for free or movies for free without money pay per month?

virus prob

hey wuts the #1 virus, spyware, and adware, remover? besides NAV systemworks. Cuz i got adaware se personal, spyweeper, spybot search and destroy, and NAV Systemworks 2004/Internet Security 2004.

ill tell you whats not a good sv - mcaffee. nav and avg are all you should need, symantec has impressive rescources for keeping ahead of viruses/security problems.

computer games

Okay, I though Norton and AVG were the best I needed for virus problems and crap. This has nothing to do with the topic but does anyone in this thread know of the best place to download free moves or free full version games (Halo, Doom3, etc.) at? without paying absolutely no money?

Stay away from Norton/Symantec, it is the biggest load of source-hogging crap that anybody can load on their PC. McAfee is not much better IMHO.
The free AVG from www.grisoft.com does a much better job. Combined with a free version of the Kerio firewall, www.kerio.com, you are well protected. And don't rely on the totally inadequate built-in firewall from Windows XP, even the SP2 one.

And if you don't want to get banned, don't ask questions about warez etc.

another problem

Okay, I'll stay aay from warez and etc. I have one more problem. My Norton Antivirus 2004 detects 1 virus on my computerand I don't know how to get rid of it or delete it. The virus is called SahHtml_.exe This is the whole thing: The file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SahHtml_.exe is a Adware threat. The one in bold print is the whole file name for the virus. The threat name is Adware.SAHAgent. There was in adware found in it. How do I delete this virus? One more thing. Idownloaed and installed AVG Free Edition for Windows. I scanned my whole entire computer with AVG Antivirus and it found no viruses, the ones it did find I either healed it or AVG got rid of it. The problem is the firewall thingy from AVG Antivirus detected a lot of trojan horses on my computer. All of the trojan horses are in the AVG Antivirus virus vault. What is the best way to get rid of trojan horses? What does a virus vault do? What is ADS (An option an AdAware SE Personal that you can click on to scan for ADS **** on your computer)? I updated my whole computer completely. I updated all my Norton programs, my Office programs. I updated AVG Antivirus. What is the problem. Please give me advice. Thanks.

There is more to do:
go to this post here, and follow the instructions EXACTLY (only do what you have not done already).
How to remove Begin2Search / Coolwebsearch

Rightclick AVG in the Tray, click Open Control Center, click Test Center, in there click on Virus Vault. Highlight the files and click on Wipe Object to get rid of them.

Read the instructions in Adaware what ADS does (press F1 for Help or click Help button)

realblackstuff-
i can see why you'd say that about symantec. i install avg on my client's sytems where symantec products are unavailable. but the norton software, i must say, performs great and offers excellent protection. besides, many less adept users find the symantec products to be easy to use/configure when compared with others.

thanx and printer problem

Thanx guys for helping me with my virus problems. One more thing though. I have a Lexmark Z715 printer. It is fully installed on to my computer. All the cords and plugs are connected to my computer. The problem is if I print a document it won't print anything. Instead, it says that thee is trouble connecting to the printer. WHy is there trouble conencting to the printer? Everything is pugged in. I downloaded a drive from the Lexmark site, and even the printer drive I downloaded didnt help. IT says that it is not suitabe to run on an MS-DOS program or any other Microsoft applications. Should I just get the original printer installation cd and re-install it or go into safe mode and print it?

perhaps your problem is in the printer itself. i paid 22 dollars for my z11 and it works fine.

Uninstall ANYTHING to do with that printer.
Then get the original Lexmark-CD out and install from there. If that does not work, check your USB-ports and/or drivers and the parallel-port, depending on what that printer uses.

my printer problem

I uninstalled my printer. I got the original printer installation cd and put it in. When installation was finished, it said that the specified print monitor is unknown. How the heck do I install my printer perfectly without any dang errors? Please helpme, I know u guys r computer geniuses.

Time to fill out your User Profile with ALL your PC-data (top left on any page).
What OS have you, how does the printer connect to the PC?
You need to give us more and better information, otherwise we can't do anything.

okay here is the info

Okey dokey then,

My computer isa Microsoft Windows XP, Home Editon, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, supported and manufactured by emachines T2878, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ processor, 2.09 GHz, 704 MB of Ram. My printer is a Lexmark Z715. My usb cord is plugged into the USB port. So basically my usb cord connects my computer from my usb port to the printer. The main printer plug is plugged in. The light flashes. Any more info?

simtel.net is now a fraction of what it once was, but still has some really cool software and utilities for dealing with this stuff.

ok

i'll try simtel, but do u know how to remove the virus SahHTML? Its and Adware.SahAgent. How do u get rid of it? Another thing, how do u enable programs do be suitable to work inms-dos programs and in microsoft applications. refer to my other messages.

By the way, speaking of Simtel, can you guys find me a good download that can fix print monitor problems. CUz I don't know how to fix a print monitor problem. I tried to put my original printer installation cd into my computer. Just as itfinished installing, it said, "The specified print monitor is unknown." How the h*** do I fix this problem. If you guys can find a download or patch or wutever to fix this error please tell me. Thanx a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back