Virus transmitted by USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird virus on my computer, every 5 minutes I get a pop-up screen of my personal profile and my computer starts to run very slowly. After a while, it goes away and I can use the computer again. I've used several virus scans (Norton, etc.) but none of them has spotted the virus or is able to remove it.
The "funny" thing is that it transmits by USB-stick. Other computers have also gotten the virus after I used a USB-stick that was previously one my computer. Now, it is even on the sd-card of my mobile. On my mobile, I can see the virus. It is in a map called recyclera. In this map, there is another map S-1-5-21-1482...etc and in this map there are 2 files, desktop.ini and ise32.exe. I can't remove these files or the map. Fortunately, the virus does not seem to affect my mobile phone.

Does anybody know how I can get rid of this virus and what it is? Thank you for your help!

Greets, Nynke

you're already contaminated, so mount the USB stick, find the autorun.* and delete it.

the P3 devices have two partitions, so look in the data portion.

This is going around it seems pretty steady flow of people have it.

If you want to post a hijackthis so I can take a look if anything needs disabled, we can remove it by plugging in the usb stick and using combofix

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back