TechSpot

Virus Virus Virus

By newbyneedshelp
Jan 15, 2010
  1. Pls see logs and comment. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I run Chrome so I couldn't run the Java thing.

Also, don't know if this unit as a P2P on it. If it does, I don't know....

Thanks,

p.s. Pls disregard my previous thread. I just remembered I had to do this.

Attached Files:

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

I have noticed that you have multiple antivirus programs running.
    Avast
    McAfee

You should decide which you want to keep and remove the others for the following reasons:
    • Multiple antivirus programs can cause conflicts that may leave the system more vulnerable.
    • Multiple antivirus programs can also slow down the system.

If you are using a paid program, Consider removing the free programs. If you are using a Trial of a paid program, please decide which programs you would like to keep and remove the others. You will find the following removal tools helpful:
    • Avast Removal
    • McAfee Removal

Download the Tool for the program you will NOT be keeping. Save it to your desktop. don't run yet.

Note:Security programs are best removed while in Safe Mode. Download the removal tool and save to your desktop. Boot into Safe Mode
    • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
    • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER on the setup you saved to the desktop and follow any onscreen prompts.
    • Double click
    Please reboot the system when you have made the change. .

Your system is badly infected. Please change all of your passwords and monitor any online financial transactions.

Go ahead and fix the AV problem. I am going to ask someone for help with this.

3. newbyneedshelp

newbyneedshelp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey...thanks for replyng. I just downloaded Avast today. I'm not fond of Mcafee and will remove that one.

This is a work computer. I will get back in front of it Sunday afternoon and will do as you have instructed.

Thanks,

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

If this is a work computer, the IT person should be helping you.

5. newbyneedshelp

newbyneedshelp TS Rookie Topic Starter

This is a small business with a team of 9. I just happen to know the most about IT and that's not saying much.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.