Virus Virus Virus

By newbyneedshelp
Jan 15, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pls see logs and comment. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I run Chrome so I couldn't run the Java thing.

Also, don't know if this unit as a P2P on it. If it does, I don't know....

Thanks,

p.s. Pls disregard my previous thread. I just remembered I had to do this.

Attached Files:

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

I have noticed that you have multiple antivirus programs running.
    Avast
    McAfee

You should decide which you want to keep and remove the others for the following reasons:
    • Multiple antivirus programs can cause conflicts that may leave the system more vulnerable.
    • Multiple antivirus programs can also slow down the system.

If you are using a paid program, Consider removing the free programs. If you are using a Trial of a paid program, please decide which programs you would like to keep and remove the others. You will find the following removal tools helpful:
    • Avast Removal
    • McAfee Removal

Download the Tool for the program you will NOT be keeping. Save it to your desktop. don't run yet.

Note:Security programs are best removed while in Safe Mode. Download the removal tool and save to your desktop. Boot into Safe Mode
    • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
    • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER on the setup you saved to the desktop and follow any onscreen prompts.
    • Double click
    Please reboot the system when you have made the change. .

Your system is badly infected. Please change all of your passwords and monitor any online financial transactions.

Go ahead and fix the AV problem. I am going to ask someone for help with this.
  3. newbyneedshelp

newbyneedshelp Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hey...thanks for replyng. I just downloaded Avast today. I'm not fond of Mcafee and will remove that one.

This is a work computer. I will get back in front of it Sunday afternoon and will do as you have instructed.

Thanks,
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

If this is a work computer, the IT person should be helping you.
  5. newbyneedshelp

newbyneedshelp Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

This is a small business with a team of 9. I just happen to know the most about IT and that's not saying much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.