Virus/Worms keep coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I done all 8 steps of your suggested virus removal and still the virus/worms keep on

Last week a virus hit my dell lapton hard: In a matter of a minute it changed my desktop, threw a flurry of pop-ups and then crashed my computer and wiped out all my data. I had to re-install windows and reload most of my programs. I have had Verizon Internet Security Suite always running, but this got by it. Since the crash I have been scanning every day, most of the day with the Verizon as well as with Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, Spybot Search and Destroy and IoBit Security 360. One or two programs will scan clean, and the next program will catch a virus/worm, I remove the worm, scan again. It's clean, only to have another program scan and find a different virus. In the last week I have removed 17 virus/worms:
MalwarePacker.Gen
Backdoor.Agent
Trojan.VB.Downloader
TrojanInject
Worm Kolab
Trojan 32FackMS.BDO
TrojanHiloti.Gen!D
Trojan FYNBEN
MalwarePacker
RBOT
ZLOB.Trojan
Trojan.dropper

In my IoBit 360 Scan report it tells me that I have 2 security holes which I have been unable to repair.
1. Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)
2. Cumulation Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 from WindowsXP (KB972260)

It asks to download and install these files, and I do, but they don't seems to resolve and both security holes remain

This is my first time in water this deep and I really need help getting out. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I done all 8 steps of your suggested virus removal and still the virus/worms keep on coming.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11 KB · Views: 4
  • mbam-log-2010-02-07 (12-52-22).txt
    886 bytes · Views: 4
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-07-2010 - 10-37-50.log
    643 bytes · Views: 4
You're running two AV programs, IObit Security 360 and Verizon Internet Security.
One of them has to go.
Please, let me know, when you're done and we'll go from there.

Just a note about this:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)

You will also need to remove this Beta version of HJT and the log. Download the correct version v2.0.2 HERE.

You can handle that when you get the antivirus problem resolved.

Removed IoBit 360 and hijack beta.

Thanks for your replies.

As per your suggestions, I have removed the IoBit 360 and beta version of hijackthis and I have installed the HiJackThis v.2.0.2. I have also re-done the 8 steps suggested virus removal steps and have attached the most recent logs. I am ready for your next directions.

Robert

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-02-10 (02-13-40).txt
    868 bytes · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-10-2010 - 03-43-05.log
    465 bytes · Views: 2
I'll leave the malware up to Broni, but have to ask why you got rid of one AV and added another?!

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free antivirus software created by Microsoft that provides protection against viruses, spyware, rootkits, and trojans for Windows XP (x86), Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (both x86 and x64), free of charge. MSE replaces Windows Live OneCare, a commercial subscription-based antivirus service and the free Windows Defender, which only protected users from adware and spyware.[

And you have added Windows Defender which was replaced in MSE.

your OS has to pass the genuine validation test,
But before validation of your operating system the application will warn that it cannot coexist with other antivirus products, recommending their uninstall, thus preventing any eventual clash.

Broni, if you've had different experience with this, please let me know.

I have had Windows Defender for a while.I usually leave Windows Defender closed, and only run it on occasion to double check the Verizon program I recently added the other MS essentials to do another Virus scan, it seems that I have scanned with a few different VS programs and each picks up different virus/malware, viruses that the others have missed. I subscribe to Verizon Internet Security Suite. I have deleted Windows Defender

Please let me know how best to proceed in regards to running more than one VS programs.

Robert

Windows Defender can coexist with any AV program, but again, you have to uninstall Verizon Internet Security, or Microsoft Security Essentials.
My suggestion - uninstall Verizon Internet Security, leave Microsoft Security Essentials and turn Windows firewall on.

When done, post fresh HJT log. You don't have to re-run other scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back