Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeX45

what program can I use to remove Macaffe from my computer. I go to the add remove programs and it tells me to remove all other components but there is no other components installed.

Give this a try.

Please restart your computer in safe mode before proceed to uninstall McAfee products.
To Restart the computer in Safe Mode please follow the steps below :

Windows 2000/XP :

-If the computer is on: From the Taskbar, click Start, then Shutdown and choose Restart.

-If the computer is off, turn the computer on.

-When the opening splash screen appears, begin tapping the F8 key every second.

Note: On some computers, if you press F8 too soon you will get a keyboard error. If this happens, press the F1 key to continue.

-The Windows 2000 (or XP) Advanced Options Menu will appear. Use the arrow keys to choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key on the -keyboard.

-Login to your computer (if necessary).

-Once Windows starts, an information message will appear explaining Safe Mode. Click the OK button to clear this message.

NEXT STEP.
The best solution for that we've for you to solve the issue is by removing all the Mcafee programs that you have on your computer.

To remove all the mcafee program please follow the steps below :

1. Double click on My Computer

2. Double click on the Control Panel

3. Double click on Add/Remove Programs

4. Remove all the Mcafee programs from the list.

*NOTE : Try to remove as many McAfee programs as you can before proceed to next step.

After completed the steps above please do the next steps :

1. Click on the Start button on the taskbar

2. Click on Search/Find

3. Select for All Files and Folders

4. Type in Mcafee

5. Click on Search

6. Delete all the Mcfaee Files or Folders that you can find.

7. Empty your Recycle Bin.

*NOTE : Please repeat all the steps above 2 or 3 times to make sure there's no McAfee files or folder left on your computer

Regards Howard :)

Yeah I tried safe mode and it keeps giving me the same error to uninstall its other compnents that are running but nothing else is running.

Ok, lets see if we can stop McAfee from running altogether.

Go Here and follow the instructions.

Post a HJT log and I`ll see what we can do.

Regards Howard :)

Well I should have put it kept giving me that error. I decided there was nothing worth saving on that machine and just reformated and reinstalled. I did want an answer for future refrence though but thanks.

Mcafee sucks bro i had it and it made my pc lag so badly and i have a awsome pc i had to restart every 4 days etc and my aim lagged up..any way when i removed mcafee my pc ran perfect how it should..if you want a good av/fire wall get kasersky net security 6.0 perfect av and fire wall and dosent use any resources whats so ever.

Yeah I never use mcaffe it was already installed. I was just trying to get rid of it. But yeah I use AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back