Visiontek Geforce 4 TI 4600 Benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiontek Geforce 4 TI 4600 Benchmark Problem

I got a question for you all. I see all these benckmarks for the Geforce 4 TI 4600 being around 10,000 in 3d Mark 2001SE i get 8200 at best. I'm a Computer tech too, but i think im missing something. I reinstalled Win XP Pro(Formated hard drive) and installed all the newest drivers. Ran all the Windows updates and installed 3d Mark 2001SE. So pretty clean system. Install 27.51 det 4 drivers. I restarted and waited for everything to load, then ran the test. I got 8203 ......I also disabled V-sync under open gl. and set it to disable AA under direct x. Those are the only settings i changed. Can anyone tell me what im missing?

Asus A7n266-E
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
512 PC2400 DDR
Visiontek Geforce 4 TI 4600
W.D. 100 gig SE hard drv.
400 watt PS

Im in the same boat as you. When I run 3Dmark2001se on my system with the lowest possible settings I get the same scores that other people are getting with the default settings which are alot higher. I think that every system runs differently. It could be bios update, a ram cas latency setting, bus speed overclocking. It really can be alot of different things.

Try running 23.11 drivers and see what scores you get. The newest doesnt always mean the fastest.

u have to try all different settings and if u want a better score, just put everything to the minimun and faster way...
But i'd consider that as "popo" cuz u will never play your games this way

The best drivers for GF4 are the 27.xx Series.

23.xx are better for GF3

16.xx are the best for DX7 Games on GF2

Fixed!

Well.....it was the Nvidia motherboard! Some issue between it and the geforce4 fixed with a bios update! So anyone who has a Geforce 4 TI4600 and Asus A7N266-E needs bios 1001.D.

I got a Visiontek GF4 Ti4600 today, haven't gone through it completely yet but I threw at it 3DMark 2001 Pro earlier today to see a raw performance comparison between it and all the other GeForce 3 cards...

Though my system is slower than Punisher's... (XP 1700+, 512mb PC133 RAM, MSI K7T Deluxe, 2xMaxtor 7200rpm HDs, SB Audigy... etc)...

I got 7900 marks w/ Ti4600, 5900 with GF3 Ti500 and 5300 marks with a Ti200 board. Exactly the same setup was used, not that bad really... but like I said, still have to go through it and see how everything goes, expect a full featured review of it soon :cool:

Nothing like some raw power..Looks like the GF4 is all about speed for your marks, Julio.

More and more Im impressed with this card. At first I was skeptical because of the price and lack of new features over the GF3 but it seems like it may be worth the purchase.

To say the truth, if you really don't mind spending big bucks for a GeForce 4 then go on and buy it... but the speed difference isn't that great, I see you want full FSAA on high resolutions however and that might be the only big reason you would want to upgrade to a GF4.

Originally posted by svtcobra
Nothing like some raw power..Looks like the GF4 is all about speed for your marks, Julio.

More and more Im impressed with this card. At first I was skeptical because of the price and lack of new features over the GF3 but it seems like it may be worth the purchase.

Well with my Geforce 3 Ti200 i got 6700...... Maybe get a Asus A7n266-E or what ever their Via 333 chipset board is. That might improve your score. Also update you bios on you board first!!!!!

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
I got a Visiontek GF4 Ti4600 today, haven't gone through it completely yet but I threw at it 3DMark 2001 Pro earlier today to see a raw performance comparison between it and all the other GeForce 3 cards...

Though my system is slower than Punisher's... (XP 1700+, 512mb PC133 RAM, MSI K7T Deluxe, 2xMaxtor 7200rpm HDs, SB Audigy... etc)...

I got 7900 marks w/ Ti4600, 5900 with GF3 Ti500 and 5300 marks with a Ti200 board. Exactly the same setup was used, not that bad really... but like I said, still have to go through it and see how everything goes, expect a full featured review of it soon :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back