TechSpot

Visiontek Is Slow...

By 8675309
Jun 26, 2002
  1. I had a Visiontek Ti 4600 go bad on me. I called tek support up and they were real cool about it. They said just send it in and as soon as it was received they would send me a replacement. It has been 4 weeks and I still don't have a replacement. I called a week ago and they said that the following Tuesday they would be getting a new shipment in and that I would be receiving my card. They also told me to call this week to follow up on it which I did. Today when I called I was told that the card was on back order and they did not know when I would receive it but estimated at least another week. I'm not complaining but when you spend $399 on a video card and it goes bad you would think that it would be replaced a tad bit faster. Has anyone else had any experiences like this with Visiontek or any other graphics card companies for that matter?

2. JAV

JAV TS Rookie Posts: 210

... don't lose that number ... he he :D

Had to comment on your handle. ;) I haven't had to return anything to VT & it's disappointing to hear of your problems. I have spoken to 'Tech' at VT & they have been helpful & informative. Must be a 'run' on Ti4600's. :rolleyes:

Try this, maybe: Find a VT Ti 4600 locally & have VT authorize you to go get it. Tell them you have complied with their return policy & have waited too long for a replacement. Verbal promises were made & they aren't keeping their end of the argreement & you are tired of waiting. Tell them to either allow you to get a card locally, send one overnight or refund your $$$ & you'll get a PNY (or such) card.

For $399 I would be upset! If you paid by credit card > sick the card ppl on 'em. They can sometimes get the product or a quick refund/credit to your account. :D

Good luck,

... call me anytime ... ;)

3. 8675309

8675309 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the advice man. I would like to be able to just go buy another one. I am surprised too that the card went bad. I didn't overclock it or anything. I think it was just a matter of getting one one from the very first batches to go out. What was bad was that I sold all the spare cards that I had. Which meant I was left without a comp. I ended up ordering a whole new PC because I planned on upgradeing for Doom 3 anyhow. Thanks again.

4. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Enthusiast Posts: 199

A quote which i think which will be used oftern

5. 8675309

Yep and on a side note, I never got my free video out cable and Visiontek T-shirt lol. It's been months.

6. JAV

JAV TS Rookie Posts: 210

Got a song stuck in my head now & forgot to say Welcome aboard. :rolleyes:

You've got patience, gotta give ya that. I'd be ... well... nevermind. :hotbounce

So what new comp did ya get? :cool:

7. 8675309

Thanks. Yeah I hear ya. I just got off the phone with them again and they said no refunds. They said if I wanted them to repair the one I sent in I could get it faster. I made it clear I would rather have the replacement. Looks like I'll be waiting for quite some time. I was going to try and build a new rig but I went online at Dell and customized a Dimension 8200.

Pentium 4 2.26ghz 533 mhz frontside bus.
    512 megs RDRAM
    I850E chipset.
    Samsung DVD
    NEC 40x Rewritable
    80 gig Ultra ATA 100 WD Caviar
    Audigy Gamer from old rig.
    Geforce 2 mx 64 meg agp which will be replaced soon hopefully lol.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.