TechSpot

VisionTek Radeon HD 4870 512MB, asking $110 shipped

By EXCellR8
Aug 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Up for sale is one of my used 4870s, with all original accessories and box. It was bought brand new in late 2008 and it's been very good to me. The card has never been overclocked and the only modification I've made is swapping thermal compound (if that's even considered a mod). There is TX-2 on the core which is approx. 1 year old and really improved load temps. Card is in superb, like new, condition, with no scratches or visible blemishes.

[​IMG]
    **sorry, i don't have any pics of the card by itself... it's the one on the left**

I wanted to ask $110 shipped within the continental US states. I will accept PayPal and money order only please.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to post any questions :)

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

That may be a tad high for a board that is already 1 1/2 years old. Hope you selle it for what you think it is worth, though.

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Topic Starter Posts: 2,278

Perhaps, but i'd like to make a little bit of money on it if I'm gonna let it go. Considering I paid nearly $300 for it brand new and I've taken very good care of it, I think $125 is a fair price. It's got some mileage yes, but still runs great and is relatively quiet. I sold my secondary for the same amount about 2 weeks ago, and I've been lurking around the idea of a 5870 or 5970 lately. I do love this card though, so i'm not just gonna give it away :D

4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,909   +91

Hey EXC, IF they can get my photo upload problems fixed, I'm going to do the same thing with a bunch of 4850's 4830's and an 4850 X2. BTW I just installed three
    HD 5850's in CrossfireX last night to replace my 4x 4850 setup...I think you will be very happy with a 58xx or 5970 setup :grinthumb

5. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Wow nice, you better take pics and show off some benchmarks! (please :stickout:)

6. EXCellR8

I think I saw your quad-fire GPU-Z screens actually... of the 4850s??

as for selling the 4870, i folded and bought a VisionTek 5870 this morning, like new, for only $300! just had to buy it lol... so it looks like my trusty 4870 won't be lasting until the end of the year, sadly. i've decided if i can get at least $110 for it I will be happy, and that includes shipping. gonna edit the price in the OP too. now that i think about it my remaining 4870 is the newer (right around the start of 2009) of the two i had--so it's an even better deal.

7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,377   +127

I think $110 is a decent price.

8. raybay

Can you take eBay money? I am interested at that price.

9. EXCellR8

I don't think I am set up for ebay bucks... and wouldn't I have to list the item on ebay to get them?

10. raybay

I can send you a check, and await a resonable time for it to clear. How do I talk to you online, but off Techspot?

11. EXCellR8

Check would be fine, but I'm not really on any instant messaging services. I do check my email at least once a day though, so if you had any questions or concerns I would more than likely be able to respond in under 24hrs or less. i can setup Yahoo messenger or IRC if you really need to communicate online..

12. raybay

Just need another way to communicate as we are not supposed to do this on TechSpot.
    Try [I]email removed[/I]

13. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

14. EXCellR8

Yea I never post anything personal on the forum itself, but I can either do pm or Gmail chat (sort of forgot about that).

guess we will take it from there

15. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

It would be Good idea to erase that email address as well guys.

16. EXCellR8

Card is still up for grabs; ready to ship out. If anyone is interested please send me a pm :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.