Vista (32) very unique graphix problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

haterjake

i've fittled with this problem off and on for months, i just want to be finished. i've figured out several symptoms to my problem. initially all i would get is blank screen after windows loaded...but i knew it loaded properly because i could hear it. so i would go into safe mode and try downloading older drivers, didnt work. adventually i got it to work, to this day im not sure what did it. then randomly the problem persisted, i took it to get repaired, but resolution was bad, i figured out that updating my computers rating with "windows experience index" fixed that. now, 2 weeks ago the problem started again so i figured out that, my moniter will show visual if either my graphix driver is disabled, or its enabled and the moniter isnt being properly detected. with the graphix driver enabled, i attempted to download a driver from the cd, it told me it couldnt detect my moniter, and it gave me instructions to do it manually, i tried and failed. i've fixed this problem twice, and it randomly came back up. i have 2 anti viruses, and a regestration cleaner, so i doubt its a virus. if anybody has any ideas what so ever, plz let me know.

Only one antivirus program should be used on any computer at a time. Download and install free Malwarebytes and run it. Tell us what you find. Also, would you be be so kind as to tell us your complete computer specs? Make and model, motherboard make and model, video card make and model

here ya go

Model: CyberPower Gamer Ultra CrossFireX™ 3870

Graphix card: "NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO"

Mother Board: "M2N-SLI" by ASUS

It's somwhat like that model... but not the same, they are custom built computers and i got mine from newegg, not the manufacturer. if you need any other specs just let me know

it's not a virus...i've been dealing with this for months, have ran malwarebytes several times since the problem came to be.

There are other malware that can cause more trouble than a virus. A virus is just one source of malware. Did Malwarebytes ever pick anything up? Have you tried updating your motherboards bios. Asus is known for many issues caused by their original bios. The latest bios is needed

umm

malwarebytes is my antivirus...i should have specified sorry. i'm sketchy about updating bios because the webb site i went to was complicated, i would really apreciate if you could link what i need to download :dead:

How is your monitor connected? VGA, DVI, HDMI, something else? If it's DVI, have you tried a VGA adapter? If the card has two display connectors, have you tried the other?

Ah ok I thought so.

safe mode and try downloading older drivers, didnt work.
So does your computer work in safe mode? If so, it is most likely not Asus's fault, despite their tendency to be picky. What graphics adapter are you using?
Well, maybe another simple proposition, but get rid of your old graphical drivers with Driver Cleaner Pro from here (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php) (stole that from one of Rage's old posts), then install a fresh version of the latest drivers, weather they be ATi, NVidia, or a smaller brand.

If you can, it would be best to update your BIOS anyway...

unfortunatly i dont have any money

i've been running this ASUS updater for about an hour...its on the "select an update server" step... it just keeps connecting and disconecting from a server.

unfortunatly i dont have any money
Oh sorry, didn't realize that link rage posted a long time ago actually cost money...hmm i don't recall the name of the driver cleaner people around techspot suggest D:.

So your computer work in safe mode? If so, it is most likely not Asus's fault, despite their tendency to be picky. What graphics card are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back