Vista and ATI X1950 Pro Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having problems with my Sapphire ATI X1950 Pro 256Mb graphics card and Vista Ultimate. Basically whenever I install the drivers (I've tried 7.8 and 7.7) on reboot the screen goes black (I can hear Vista loading music through my speakers). I've tried booting in Enable VGA Mode without any luck. The only way I can back into Vista is to boot into safe mode and either perform a system restore or uninstall the drivers. If I install the Standard VGA Drivers then I can use Vista in normal mode but only get a rating of 1 which is less the ideal. This is a clean install as well with only my motherboard drivers installed (I've tried with and without the motherboard drivers installed and the same happens).

My System Spec is as follows:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket 939)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9 - Nforce 430
Graphics: Sapphire ATI X1950 Pro 256Mb
Memory: 2Gb (4 x 512Mb)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

Fix

There are big problems with ATI x1950 pro cards from overheat to image display probs here are some techniques you could try if you haven't already the first is ;

1 - Go to ATI site find your card and locate downloads which should offer the latest software drivers for your card (And I'm sure you've done this already right).

2 - If your drivers you've got with your Graphics Card work fine and there are no probs then there is no need unless you need extra funtionality for you card/cards.

3 - When the Catalyst is downloaded make sure the old drivers are removed and that vista have placed a default display. Restart the computer and then go about using display drivers first then the rest to be safe or if you think all's well enough to go through the lot i.e express install then do so.

4 - Crashes can be caused by overheat which can be caused by the overclocking of the cpu and memory buses and they all interlink with each over which is why you have to bring the clocks down slitely until you can run a full 3d mark test. Also overclocking can overheat the system after some time so continue to drop overclocking levels until all's well.

5 - You could buy a seperate heatsink for ATI Radeon x1950 pro because the one that comes with it is no good for Overclocking (doesn't keep the heat down).

7 - If the installs before went well for a while then a conflict or a corruption could be the cause which creates a malfuction. Then a re-install is needed then you need to find the software conflict cause and be adiment from using it again or find a alternitive software program.

All the Best

Wakkie

Fix

There are big problems with ATI x1950 pro cards from overheat to image display probs here are some techniques you could try if you haven't already the first is ;

1 - Go to ATI site find your card and locate downloads which should offer the latest software drivers for your card (And I'm sure you've done this already right).

2 - If your drivers you've got with your Graphics Card work fine and there are no probs then there is no need unless you need extra funtionality for you card/cards.

3 - When the Catalyst is downloaded make sure the old drivers are removed and that vista have placed a default display. Restart the computer and then go about using display drivers first then the rest to be safe or if you think all's well enough to go through the lot i.e express install then do so.

4 - Crashes can be caused by overheat which can be caused by the overclocking of the cpu and memory buses and they all interlink with each over which is why you have to bring the clocks down slitely until you can run a full 3d mark test. Also overclocking can overheat the system after some time so continue to drop overclocking levels until all's well.

5 - You could buy a seperate heatsink for ATI Radeon x1950 pro because the one that comes with it is no good for Overclocking (doesn't keep the heat down).

7 - If the installs before went well for a while then a conflict or a corruption could be the cause which creates a malfuction. Then a re-install is needed then you need to find the software conflict cause and be adiment from using it again or find a alternitive software program.

All the Best

Wakkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back