Vista ATI Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattjesty

Hi, i have recently installed windows vista, after installing it i found i needed to install my ati drivers again. I downloaded the latest version from the ATI site and started to install. It finished installing but with this error - "Driver Install: the INF file was not found"

I have tried re-installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. This problem is getting annoying and i hope someone can help me out. I have an ATI X1600.

Please help :dead:

Download Driver Cleaner Pro, and use it to completely remove the ATI drivers on your system. Restart and reinstall the latest ATI driver once more

Thanks for the advice, an hour before you put this up i managed to get around the problem. I tried once more to install the drivers, it failed... Then vista popped up with something saying like: This application has failed would you like vista to restart the program under its specifications.

I clicked yes and it worked. :)

it doesn't matter what drivers you have right? because its the same procedure am i right or am i wrong

Drivers can make a big difference and cause all kinds of errors. What are you referring to specifically.

i'm referring to other ati drivers such as the radeon xpress can u still use driver cleaner to uninstall the old drivers and then install the new ones so it can work for vista

I'm having the same problem mattjetsy had

Before doing all that try this

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software or other drivers that you have tried.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

That should remove the old drivers.

1. Go to the ATI site and put in your OS and select your card - the link for your driver will pop up click on it to download
2. Click Next on the first install screen.
3. Click Yes to the License agreement.
4. Click the Custom button.
5. Select the driver, catalyst control center and uncheck the box for steam
# The installer will start to load the display driver first.
Next you will see the WDM Capture drivers load (for VIVO or All-In-Wonder).
The Catalyst Control Center setup will start shortly after.
A dialog box will indicate the install progress.

6.Click Finish to restart your computer.

i did the uninstall earlier and then the screen turned blue after i surfed the web then my pc goes into safe mode is that suppose to happen? also for some reason my internet wasnt working

welcome to Vista :)

Try going to Start -> Control Panel -> Performance Information and Tools -> Advanced tools on left side

At the top is it showing anything with yellow exlamation marks under performance issues

K,

one more Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports and Solutions>See problems to check on left side

select the box indicating the error and at bottom hit check for solutions

Hopefully this will get you to the same point as Mattjetsy

i have two problems
one is the ati control panel and another is the unexpected shut down of my pc which i think it was caused when i tried to uninstall the driver the other day

if i choose the ati one it takes me to the website to download the driver for vista

bookmark the page for the vista driver

follow my uninstall instructions above

use bookmarked link to finish installation part of instructions

ok oh should i use driver cleaner?
i dont have the ati software uninstall utility
only Ati catalyst install manager
ati control panel and ati display driver

go to the install manager and it will have the option to uninstall -> do that then reboot

then proceed to step 4 and change/remove anything left

what happens if i dont find the DAO?

now forsome reason i cant uninstall the driver because windows tells me it can't find a certain file named
'atiiexx,dll'

Finally i fixed it :) its a good thing to because it was annoying me
oh and thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back