Hey ... I recently got a free PC from a client that bought a new 1 ... Config :

Jetway P4MFM Board VIA Chipset VT8233A
Intel PIV 2.0Celeron
512MB RAM DDR 333
40GB IDE Hard Drive
Built-In AC97 Sound
GeForce FX 5700 256MB RAM
LG DVD Writer

Anl I wanted to know is what can I do to stop the BSODs from happening ... ERRORs like : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... MEMORY_MANAGEMENT And INTELPPM.SYS ...

How Can I completely disable Onboard VGA from the BIOS ... There are sooo many options it's impossible to make out which are for the onboard VGA ... I wanna stop RAM sharing from RAM to VGA I want to use 100% of my RAMs coz I have Vista Home Premium Installed ...

I get the BSODs after prolonged time of work ... Plz this is my internet PC I got it just for that purpose ... As I want my Main PC to stay safe from "THE INTERNET" ... I tried testing the RAM and came up with a Stride6 ERROR whatever it means ....

Plus Whenever I try installing any other version of windows after format completes and installation starts I get the BSOD telling me REGISTRY HIVE ERROR of somesort ...

PLZ Reply ASAP !!!!!
Help A Suffering Soul!!

It sounds like you have serious hardware issues on this system. If you can't install XP without getting BSOD's, there's no way Vista will run either.

You might try installing a bios update on the Jetway first. Strip the system down to a basic configuration, 1 stick of RAM, on-board video, no USB cards or devices, and try installing XP. If it runs clean, install the rest of the hardware under XP. If all is well, then try running Vista with at least 2GB of system RAM and a good AGP or PCI (e) video card

I don't have money right now for serious hardware and besides I only need it for Internet .... Vista Home Premium was running smooth it's the only OS that installed ... But With occaisional BSODs .... As mentioned above ... Can ANY1 tell me the bios Config to disable Onboard VGA COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!! and I'll keep u posted ... For the rest

10x for the fast reply
Steve.The.Freak

"Plus Whenever I try installing any other version of windows after format completes and installation starts I get the BSOD telling me REGISTRY HIVE ERROR of somesort ..."

So XP won't finish installing, but Vista finishes?

"Can ANY 1 tell me the bios Config to disable Onboard VGA COMPLETELY?"

Get into the motherboard's Bios (hit DEL a few times before Windows starts) Look for "Integrated Peripherals" and disable on-board video. There may also be a setting like "Display first... AGP, PCI"...

So XP won't finish installing, but Vista finishes?

Yup Vista Finishes ... I've been on vista for the past week ... :S ... And what's the video shadow thingy ?!?!?!?!?!

10x Again
Steve.The.Freak

"Shadowing is the process of copying slower ROM code into underlying RAM memory to improve performance of the ROM routines. Aside from the system BIOS, the most commonly-shadowed ROM is the BIOS ROM on the video card.

The routines on the video card are executed often for some types of operations, so enabling the video ROM shadowing feature will result in a small performance improvement"...

Understand?

Ok so far so goo Running on 256MB/512MB RAM an Built-in VGA NO Network Card No GeFoce VGA which was 8x opposed to the 4x AGP slot on the board .... On Windows 2000 Pro SP5 UnOfficial Update ;)

Whoa... hang on here. Is this the same Vista system you started with? You're running 2 different memory modulles? A 256MB module and a 512MB module? This is a NO, NO! specially under Vista... If your serious about running Vista, get two 1 gig modules at least, hopefully a matched pair. That Jetway may only support 2 gig total memory

No man I meant of the 512MB 2x256MB Sticks I have I was running on 1 of them ... anyway now all is fine it was from the 8x GeForce Card ... I removed it ....Now about the AGP Aperture size explain what it is and how mutch I should put it ...

Hellooooo Plz Help Me about the AGP Aperture size explain what it is and how mutch I should put it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back