Vista cancels installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

So my computer is slow as hell, so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium. So I turn boot from CD/DVD in my bios and pop in the Vista DVD. It all boots up and I click "Install" and go through the steps to where it wants me to choose my HDD, I click my HDD and click "Advance Options" and click "Format". It formats then I click "Next" to install Vista.

It starts installing and gets to "Expanding Files...(68%)" then a screen pops up saying that the Vista Installation has been canceled with this error:

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are availible, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x80070017"

So I tried again and again and I get the same error. And I ran tests to make sure my memory and the DVD are fine, and they're both in working condition. So I have no idea wtf is up with this installation. I've searched google nonstop, and the closest I can get is people saying to change your graphics to onboard in your bios. But I can't find that option in the bios.

Other posts have said you need to install the drivers for your HDD, well the CD that came with my mobo needs to run after the OS installation, because I've tried to boot from the CD.

So can anyone help me?

Bump please.

I have a computer without an OS, so...help would be greatly appreciated.

lol, i have the same problem, come on tech spot please help us out here. the silence is killing us, and having a system without an OS is worse than being mummified and zombied at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back