TechSpot

Vista Crashing

By mretzloff
Sep 13, 2008
  1. Periodically, Vista crashes. I get a clue screen saying something. I'm not quick enough to read it all, but it said something about BIOS and disabling it or something.

I have no clue what's causing this. I'm running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 530 with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550, 2 GB RAM, and a 250 GB hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

This really doesn't give us anything to go on so I suggest reading the advice in the following link, do the advice, and let us know if any of the advice helps or not.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

3. mretzloff

mretzloff TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 116

On Vista, how can I get the BSOD to show and not restart on critical errors? One guide said how to, but that was for XP.

4. Route44

I don't know if it is different in Vista but can you find your minidumps like this:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Mindump Files. We need these files. Attach in your next post.

5. mretzloff

When I try to attach it, it says that I don't have permission, blah, blah blah. How can I override that? (I'm signed in as the admin)

6. Route44

For clarification: Is TechSpot saying you don't have permission or is it Vista?

7. mretzloff

It's Vista.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.