Vista Explorer.exe startup issue

By ugotluked
Oct 30, 2007
  1. I have a new HP s3120n Slimline desktop, AMD 64 Dual Core4200+ @ 2.20 ghz, 2 gigs of Ram, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Heres the deal, Power up the computer, Boots up fine.. Comes to Windows login... I login, It begins loading the GUI and ect. at that point I get a black screen with a folder of My documents. Thats it, no desktop, no icons etc... At that point I normally, will pull up task manager and go to file > and run explorer.exe and it will then load the desktop just fine. This although it works, puzzles me as to what is going on. I have no non-microsoft services running, and no startup items. I run AdAware, AVG, A-squared and S&D with no potential issues. Any insight as to what may be preventing explorer.exe from running normally would be very much appreciated, I am a new member and hope to contribute to the forum as much as possible, any assistance would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. ugotluked

ugotluked TS Rookie Topic Starter

Any Ideas Whatsoever?
  3. cuba

cuba TS Rookie

got the same problem

Exactly the same on my laptop. Have you got a solution elsewhere?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.