Vista hangs because of iaStor.sys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've got a big problem with my new Dell Dimension 9200, and Vista ultimate 32-bit.

Every few minutes the system hangs - the screen freezes, no mouse input, no keyboard input, and then about 30 seconds later it picks up where it left off. As you can imagine this isn't the most satisfactory way to get stuff done..

Each time it happens there's a logged error as below:
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Error 01/04/2007 18:22:48 iaStor 9 None The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

I've downloaded the latest RAID Controller drivers from intel (v 6.2.1.1002) and installed them but it keeps occuring. Any hints?

Same Problem

I've searched everywhere for solutions to this very same thing. My system (Explorer, running Apps, task manager) hangs for about 30s - 1min and then picks up where it left off. Event viewer confirms the iaStor.sys timeout at each hang.

I've heard its either due to hard disk errors or Optical Drive errors (drivers i guess?)

any pointers or solutions would be greatly apprieciated

Dell Vostro 1500
2.0 GHz Dual Core
2 Gb RAM
Vista Home Basic
nVidia 8600M GS

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

iaStor.sys is part of the Intel Application Accelerator programme and is a known problem.

Try either updating it, or uninstalling it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I dont have this application installed. I have a SATA drive and a DVD-RW on IDE. I'm positive its a device error / driver as opposed to an App

Vostro 1500 Slow Issues

I also have been having issues with my Vostro, it was practically unusable off of the charger as the hard drive light would constantly stay lit. I went into the Bios (F2 at Dell Boot Screen) There were two items I changed. Under "Onboard Devices" I changed Flash Cache Module to "Off" and SATA Operation to "ATA". Altough the BIOS says these were the factory default settings, mine seemed to have been changed. After this, I booted up, it installed some drivers, and now I am problem free! Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back