Vista Home Basic Print Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's new machine came with Vista Home Basic. She has a Canon BJC-2000 printer , Black only cartridge. Home Basic comes with MS Works and the Word processing App is all she uses. Here is the weirdness which I hope someone can help explain.
1. As I was setting up the system I wrote a note and printed it. I was able to run the Maintenance items.
2. She wrote a letter and saved it in .wps Works default format. When we tried to print it an error message saying 'Mis-Matched Cartridge' keeps coming up. I have booted many times and the same message.
3. Today I took the letter she had written and saved it in .doc form. The darn thing printed from Works.

HELP

Canon says that the printer drivers are pre-installed in Windows Vista and will not be providing them in the WEB.

Typical of early failure of that model.
Try carefully cleaning all the sliders, ink try, and other components with Denatured Alcohol, soft cloth, and q-tips.
Sometimes this symptom is caused by an ink cartridge that is too old or drying up. Drop it into an old coffee cup of hat water heated in a microwave for no longer than 40 seconds, then wipe it down until clean and dry, then try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back