Vista Home Basic Print Drivers?

By ChuckR
Apr 18, 2007
  1. My wife's new machine came with Vista Home Basic. She has a Canon BJC-2000 printer , Black only cartridge. Home Basic comes with MS Works and the Word processing App is all she uses. Here is the weirdness which I hope someone can help explain.
    1. As I was setting up the system I wrote a note and printed it. I was able to run the Maintenance items.
    2. She wrote a letter and saved it in .wps Works default format. When we tried to print it an error message saying 'Mis-Matched Cartridge' keeps coming up. I have booted many times and the same message.
    3. Today I took the letter she had written and saved it in .doc form. The darn thing printed from Works.

2. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 126

Canon says that the printer drivers are pre-installed in Windows Vista and will not be providing them in the WEB.
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Typical of early failure of that model.
    Try carefully cleaning all the sliders, ink try, and other components with Denatured Alcohol, soft cloth, and q-tips.
    Sometimes this symptom is caused by an ink cartridge that is too old or drying up. Drop it into an old coffee cup of hat water heated in a microwave for no longer than 40 seconds, then wipe it down until clean and dry, then try it again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.