Vista Install freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

te00

Hi.

I tried to install vista on my pc,but i always get vista frozen after the ''Windows is loading files''
I only see that green-blue wallpaper but nothing else happens.

Any ides?

How long have you waited before turning off? and have you noticed any change on the progress bar at the bottom? also is there any activity on your base unit (is the light on your cd/dvd flashing or hdd light flashing) ?

to add a couple questions....

are you doing a clean install or an upgrade?
what was your computer running before?
was it vista and if not do you know if your computer hardware is vista compatible?

I ve wait till 10min.There is no progress bar.Didnt check for hd light but i ve managed to install Xp on the same hdd that has the problem

Clean install.(boot from cd)
My pc had xp and vista.Not at the same time.And about vista compatibility ^^ dunno.

ASrock m/b
core 2 quad processor.
2gig of mem.

install CD's can be read perfectly happily on one PC, but fail on another. Using XP, can you copy the entire content of the Vista install CD somewhere, just to see if the CD is unreadable at any point ? If you can, mabe you could even install it from there !

Sounds like you were trying to instal xp and vista on the same partition (if you only have one hard drive then you need two seperate partitions on it to install vista and xp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back