TechSpot

Vista Install Problem

By Martinez1708
Mar 15, 2007
  1. Hey everyone, Kinda new at building PC (i've only made 3) and this is the first system i'm making with vista. I'm attempting to install vista on a formatted HDD (Caviar 500GB SATA) and i've gone into the bios to boot from Optical drive (DVD/CD-ROM R/W). its starts up reads the drive but does not go to the install screen. I know that everything has to be vista ready, and my GFX card (GeForce 7600 GS) is. But i guess i wanted to know make sure what exactly has to be vista compliant.

Motherboard? (ASUS A8N32-SLI)
    CPU? (AMD2 4200+)

Those two are the ones i have main questions with since they're the most expensive. Can anyone let me know if they can help?

2. -Kestrel-

-Kestrel- TS Rookie Posts: 16

The Asus A8N series is Vista-capable. Is that the 64-bit AMD CPU? If it is, it's the same one I have, and I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

3. Martinez1708

Martinez1708 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah it is, i got premium since i dont really need all that extra business stuff that comes with it... but yeah, i can't get past the MOBO flash screen to the Vista install...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.