Vista keep shutting down when turned on for only a few seconds

I have Acer Aspire 5520g, vista 32 bit. It is about 4 years old and have worked fine for most of time. Two days ago, I tried to turn it on for several times and it shut down automatically everytime after it ran for a few seconds. Sometimes it just shut down without the screen lighting up. I have noticed that if I left the laptop alone for a longer time before trying to turn it on again, it will be on for a longer time to actually let the screen lights up and run. (But never long enough for me to press F2.) Today I tried to turn it on several times and the BSOD came up once, but I didn't get the chance to look at it since the computer turned off right after I saw the BSOD. Then I took out the battery and put it back on again, nothing changed. Then I pressed Alt + F10, but it still does not work. Also, I don't have the Vista Repair System disc with me. I did not install any new software or hardware recently, either. Does my computer have a virus, a hardware problem, or a software problem? What can I do?

Did you leave the battery out for a while? Is the battery the original that came with the laptop?

I just removed the battery and then turn on the computer with only the power cord on. Still does not work.

Does the recovery tool have to be burned into a CD/DVD? The new computer I recently bought does not have a CD player, and the CD player of the old XP I have is broken. Can it downloaded into a flashdrive or SD card? Or maybe I can just borrow someone else's computer.

"Can it downloaded into a flashdrive or SD card?"...

If your computer can boot from a flash drive... Yes

I burned the disk and put it in when i turned on. The computer did not boot from it and just shut down. Now the disk is just stuck inside. I think it has something to do with the hardware because I have left the computer off for these few days and when I turned it on it stayed on for a longer time. After it shut down, I turned it on again and this time it shut down without the screen lighting up.

By the way, the last time it was normal it had shut down by itself. Then it became like it is now.

Back