Vista. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this morning i woke up and went to my computer to turn it on as normal, meaning i hit the space bar to wake it up on my way to make coffee. When i came back to check my e-mail it was turned off. No big deal, i turned it back on. It went through the usual windows deal with the bar thingy at the bottom of the screen, but it never started. About 5 minutes later i got a black screen that told me some changes had been made recently and wasnt allowing windows to start properly. So i selected the option to have windows find (and hopefully fix) the issue. That didnt work, so i tried several more times with no sucess, then i opened the bios menu to poke around a bit and see if i could restore some defaults to try and fix it, nothing. The computer is a Compaq Presario F700, WIndows Vista, AMD 64 AthlonX2 with NVIDIA Graphics card. Thats about all the technical info i can pull from the stickers on the thing. Its also a laptop if that matters in the solution. I cant think of anything i have changed recently other than about 2 weeks ago i went and turned off some things to make it start up faster, I.E. the games i never play that came on it and things like that, if it wasnt clear what the program was i turned off for start-up i did'nt touch it. Im also on my wifes computer because liek i said it seems completely dead. Thanks in advance for any help and/or info you can give.

Can you boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8? When you turned off those items has this issue occured almost immediatly or has it just begun? My strongest hunch here is you are infected. I strongly suggest going to the Virus and Malware Removal forum and read and follow step by step the sticky entitled "8 Steps..."

If you can't even boot into Safe Mode I would still post there and tell them of your issue.

When i hold F8 it just beeps at me, and no it did not happen right away, like i said about 2 weeks ago i turned those things off with no ill effects, until today. But the problem is, i cant even get into any programs to run a scan of anything, much less a removal tool. IT just seems to have died overnight. I suppose what im really looking for is a way to possibly start from scratch or something, ive been hating vista since day one but when i first got it things werent so bad, is this possible? To go back through the BIOS or something and wipe it or something similar?

You could try setting the BIOS to all default settings and see if that helps. There are people here on these boards who can help even with seemingly unbootable systems. This will take a lot of work but worth it.

I would still post over at the V&M forum with your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back