TechSpot

Vista security 2010 causing problems

By ksean
Feb 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over the past 3-4 days, my windows "vista internet security 2010" has been going crazy (note: prior to these last few days, my security center has NEVER popped up or interfered with any aspect of my computer, which is almost 3 years old at this point) and pops up several times an hour notifying me of a different malware/trojan/virus/keylogger/etc..

I've also noticed several programs running in my task manager that have User Name or Description, and when I try to see the properties of it, the only option allowed is "Perform Administrative Tasks" (which leads to a bunch of options/preferences that are all grayed out and unavailable to change. Considering that I am the only person who uses this computer and am the 'administrator' user, I don't understand why that occurs) Also, when I try to end task them I receive an error saying "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied"

The programs are:
    csrss.exe
    jusched.exe
    rundll32.exe (there are 2 others using 660K and 396K of memory, the one with no description/user name is using 264K)
    winlogon.exe

This is the first time that I've ever noticed these programs not having a User Name or Description.

The first symptom that I noticed however was when I attempted to play Team Fortress Classic (through Steam) that I am unable to verify my connection to any servers.

Also, I have tried to download several of the recommended programs to aide in the removal of them, and after I download them and try to start them I can get no further than the "Allow this program to run/install?" prompt; after selecting "Ok" nothing happens.

I fortunately already possess a copy of HJT and can post the most recent log of that, but I will need assistance to be able to get any other logs, I am sorry =(

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,426   +317

These are all normal Windows services, other than JUSCHED, which is a Java Update.

Try to correlate your popups to accessing website pages; there are a lot of bogus warnings
    that try to induce you do download a fix which is in reality the real virus!

3. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 46,860   +254

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.