Vista sound issue is driving mw nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

Hi guys

i got a realtek intergted sound on my mobo vnf4ultra and logitech speakers 2 speakers and a sub

i got the realtek drivers for vista

the problem is that the sound will not work, when i go and configure it and put it into 4 speaker mode and test it

the speakers work as the REAR speakers whitch is great exept windows will not use them

im so confussed on this

and yes i know vista is only beta but i would like to get sound

Are you using the Realtec config utility to set the speaker mode or the vista config? I would leave Realtec config on two speaker and set vista to the same.

Like you say It is a beta!!!!.

Good luck mate

can you give me a link to the utility

i am using one but it isnt very user friednly and wont let me set anything

thanks for the responce

Think you might be able to get it here:
http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/

Under "software for Digital media" but you will have to check your system to see which device you have that matches one on the list.

It might still not work with vista. (make sure you dont install any driver component cause it will probably just overwrite the one you got for vista)

good luck mate

unluckly for me it still does the same thing

anyone have any other suggestions cuz im stumped on this

its beta for a reason

i have a 5.1 sound card and only the front will work..its just vista
theres no real away around..theres that utility in vista that lets you set up how many speakers but when you apply setting it reverts to 2 speaker config

sounds almost idencal to my problem

i guss it wil be fixed bye RC 1 i hope

let me know if you find a work around

Hey swker98, on my vnf4ultra I can get 4 channel working with the beta 2 of vista. I used the realtek drivers off my chaintech "nvidia all in one pack driver" cd. It was a little odd to set it up, but if I set vista to "stereo" in the sound options, but set the realtek speaker configuration settings to 4 channel, then I get output from 4 speakers.

Hope this is helpful.

PS: just to clarify do you have a 2.1 or a 4 channel setup? You seem to say both in your first post.

thanks vnf4

i have a 2.1 logitch set i forget the name its 2 speakers and a sub

i have it pluged into the lower black port

ill try what you did

thanks again

So you have 2 speakers and a sub. I'd assume since it's a 2.1 set it likely doesn't use a dedicated sub channel, and would just run off the stereo out(green) port.

vnf4ultra said:
Hey swker98, on my vnf4ultra I can get 4 channel working with the beta 2 of vista. I used the realtek drivers off my chaintech "nvidia all in one pack driver" cd. It was a little odd to set it up, but if I set vista to "stereo" in the sound options, but set the realtek speaker configuration settings to 4 channel, then I get output from 4 speakers.

Hope this is helpful.

PS: just to clarify do you have a 2.1 or a 4 channel setup? You seem to say both in your first post.
well its fixed after i fowled your steps

thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back