TechSpot

Vista ultimate or premium?

By ingeborgdot
Aug 30, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vista ultimate or premium?
    I have xp pro on one of my machines and want to change to vista but I want to know if premium is worth it or should I go with ultimate? I have ultimate on my main machine and love it. My only reason is that I have a vista home premium disc that I have and it is fully legal but was wondering what the main difference would be. I seem to find it is very similar except for remote desktop which I think is important because I am networked. What would you do?
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx

Premium does Not have:

Protect against hardware failure with Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore
    Scan, fax, and receive documents and images with Windows Fax and Scan
    Remotely access your business resources and applications with Remote Desktop Connection
    Better protect your data against loss with Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption
  3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 753

I have acronis 11 for backups. I have scanning software and a scanner that works together. I don't use bitlocker but I would miss remote desktop. Is there a free alternative to that that works as well?
  4. kimsland

5. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 753

Is there a reason why you went with crossloop over the other choices? Thanks.
  6. kimsland

Yes
    I was trying to find what was easiest for the customer
    I believe there are others that are better, but Crossloop just looked easy (for the other side, personnally I'd normally go for some big package, but this one is simple to use)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.