Vista won't read my dv camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo93

I plugged in my jvc gr-d350aa digital camera into my firewire port and it makes the noise for when it recoginises somethings plugged in, then a few seconds later it makes the noise for when it's unplugged.

I turned on my camera and everything, tried to use Adobe Premiere CS3 to capture the video but it doesn't work.

I'm not sure whether i'm posting in the right place but please help me the video is for a school assignment.

Make sure the camera is set to Play not Record video. If that isn't it then use Windows Movie Maker and see if it recognizes and accesses the camera. If Windows Movie Maker works then it is a problem with the configuration of Adobe not the camera or the firewire port.

Thanks for your help, however even with adobe closed windows still does the same thing and rejects to read the camera. The same with movie maker.

When i put the camera into the computer the first time it installed the driver automatically so yes the drivers are installed.

Have you tried it on any other computer - PC or Mac? At least then we could figure out if the problem is even with your computer, or if the problem lies with the file type that the camera uses? *This is highly unlikely as miniDV has been around for quite some time, of course. But still... that might be a good way to figure out if other PC's have the same problem?

I wonder if my Sony Vegas could import it... Vegas seems to work with a lot of stuff and is a solid program.

Yes i have tried it with another pc, i have tried to use Vegas, but nothing seems to work i might try and buy a new firewire cable see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back