Visual artefacts on radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my ATi 9800 pro installed today along with the latest driver. the computer started with no problem, but when I try to play games like need for speed undergound 2 it give me flashing texture and image even though the game is still playable. so does anyone know what is the problem?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 12
download the latest game patch from the maker's website. download the latest version of catalyst for your card (via the ati website). apply both, restart the machine, and see if the problem persists.

Try reseating the video card, also usually when upgrading a major part of the computer, you should reformat. So if all else fails, reformat is in order. But try what he said first, then reseat your video card.

i have the latest catalyst driver (downloaded from ati.com) installed and the lastest game patch though i don't think that will do any good since the problem seem to occur in all games i've tried (nfsu2, age of empire 3, far cry). i don't think there is problem with the power supply nor the temperature of the the card.
i'm not sure how how to reseat the card, but i've already reformatted the system once but the problem is still there.

All you do to reseat, is pull it out of the AGP slot, and pop her back in. Make sure it goes in all the way, and is in there firmly, but don't force it in.

I would not rule out a PSU. What wattage and brand do you have?

Reseating a card simple means to take it out of the slot, and put it back in. This can help, if you have a bad connection.

How new is the card..If you have tried different drivers, PSU is good as wells as reseating...it is possible you may have a bad card.

i guess i am just gonna take the card to the ATI Headquarters located a few blocks away and get it fixed or perhaps replace it

has anyone acutally done this before, do i need to bring anything else except the card (the card has a sticke on its back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back