Vizio launches 2017 D-Series line of value-minded smart TVs

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Vizio on Tuesday unveiled its 2017 lineup of D-Series, value-minded smart televisions with models ranging in size from 24 inches up through 65 inches.

Pricing starts at $139.99 for the Vizio D-Series 24-inch LED Smart TV (D24h-E1) and scales up accordingly for 32-inch, 39-inch, 40-inch and 43-inch models, all of which (except the 24-inch model) feature full-array LED backlighting with up to 12 active LED zones and 1080p displays.

If it’s a 4K set you’re after, be prepared to plunk down at least $419.99 for the D-Series 43-inch full-array LED unit (model D43-E2). The other 4K sets in the series are as follows:

• Vizio D-Series 50-inch Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D50-E1) MSRP $499.99
  • Vizio D-Series 55-inch Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D55-E0) MSRP $569.99
  • Vizio D-Series 65-inch Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D65-E0) MSRP $899.99

The sets also include a 120Hz effective refresh rate and Vizio’s Internet Apps Plus (the “smart” interface). The 4K units support the latest HDMI standards and high-quality streaming thanks to the built-in V8 octa-core processor, HEVC decoding and 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi.

D-Series sets are available as of writing from Vizio’s website and will soon be in stock at retailers including Best Buy, Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart, just to name a few.

Permalink to story.

Waiting for TVs that don't have silly feet. --_--

lol seriously though, those feet are so silly. They should stick with the single base in the middle.

Waiting for TVs that don't have silly feet. --_--

lol seriously though, those feet are so silly. They should stick with the single base in the middle.

Actually a good point as well. I don't like those either. It makes it hard to put them on a base that isn't fairly wide.

Well, despite some of the comments I found it to be a pretty good product. In fact the only serious fault I could find are those stupid little legs it sits on. Requires you to have to buy a pretty decent size table to put it on! Certainly would be nice to have a few different options ... especially for those of us not willing to risk ruining the plaster walls by putting up a wall mount!

"value minded" as in "we are trying our hardest to mine ever last scrap of data about you through this device, since it's margins are so low"

Dont ever let this thing on any network, ever.
Just sell it without the smart and you can drop price even more. Would love a three 65" screen setup for simulators and stuff but don't want "smart" features, just the panel and input.
But then how will they make profit off of you after you have bought your new TV? Think of the poor corporations!

Before I bought one, because to me the brand was unkown, I saw them side by side with LG, Sony, Samsung, and they all looked the same quality wise.

I bought it, never looked back. I don't care that they know what channels or what I'm using my tv for, heck, besides plugging it to an hdmi I don't do anything else with it.

Back