VNC remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecc83

Has anyone any idea why I cannot get this to work? I have spent a day running in circles, it all instals ok but neither of my pc's will find each other, the box just times out. I am running XP Pro to Win MED c.e. or v.v. The two machine are LAN networked and share files, printer, drives, internet, no trouble at all.
I only downloaded it for interest but you can't get support unless you pay. Not gonna pay till I see the pig's eyes!

Rock on
Dave.

As any other decent piece of software, you have to tell VNC to srat accepting network requests. Did you install the WinVNC service and set it to start automatically?

You have to open the VNC port (5900 TCP) in your software firewall. You also have to set up a password or VNC will refuse to accept connections.

BTW, I recommend UltraVNC instead of RealVNC - you get a special video driver for improved performance, file transfer and chatting features.

WOW! Thats another days work I reckon. This is clearly one of those areas of computing where "they" say setting up the system is simple but in fact is completely non-intuitive, e.g. why give the option of no password if I have to have one? I shall struggle on. Many, many thanks for your quick response, much of it I fear I do not understand, but "Hi learn Mr Falty, hi learn".

Once you learn it then you could probably redo everything Nodsu said in < 3 minutes. The long part is learning it well enough to retain it and use those experiences with other problems you might face in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back