TechSpot

Voice commands in first-person shooters: new gaming experiences with Intel RealSense

By Jos
Apr 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Jason Wishnov, CEO, Founder and Lead Designer at Iridium Studios, recently sat down for a brief video interview in which he talked about Iridium's new tactical war game titled "There Came An Echo" and how it uses the new Intel...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

Well if it's like real battlefield talk, the game had better understand every known swear word in all languages and then some. I've been on a real battlefield and I've heard words and sayings in English that I can't understand let alone remember or repeat.

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Very curious to see how this turns out. It is definitely a unique gaming experience.

4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Well I don't know if I would really call this unique since we have had voice systems for games for years now but its cool to see it in this form.

Thats going to be the problem and will likely always be the problem, you can't have every voice command known to man kind be recognized so easily (At least like a human would). If they spend enough time and get a wide enough variety, it could be very cool and a new way to play games like RTS style or what not.

Its just going to be something we have to see for our selves more than anything.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

Remember this is the 1st of it's kind, it can only get better from here on in.

6. Carodro

Carodro TS Rookie

I remember I've seen this years ago, it wasn't too intuituve but it tried and years ago, no one tried to exploit the potential again, I'm talking of Tom Clancys End War, I think in part was that console weren't the place for a lots of RTS games, but I really enjoyed playing it, so I think "There came an Echo" will be worth of trying it.