Voltage exceeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

I use a Hardware Sensors Monitor by AB Software (the first I found) and it keeps telling me that the core and i/o voltage exceed the deviation limit. I'm talking permanently condition here. I'm pretty sure that I'm running the CPU that way since I got it. Am I at risk of frying my hardware? I never noticed it before. Either I was lucky up to this day or it doesn't matter that much.

Exact values are:
core 1,76V
i/o 1,55V

The nominals as stated in the tool's settings:
core 1,5V
i/o 3,3V
allowed deviation 10%

I don't know anything about the voltage defaults, but I've read that 1,75V for Athlon XP 1800+ is pretty much standard and not 1,5V like the tool tells me.
I have no idea about the i/o voltage, but it seems I have less than half the nominal value right now which might be wrong just a bit.

Since two days ago I seem to have major problems all of a sudden...was worth registering here! :D

Help appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

It looks more like your program is monitoring your AGP voltage as the IO Voltage than your computer is running that far off and the core voltage should be 1.75 not 1.5 as you said. Looks like bad software to me. Try using Motherboard Monitor 5 instead. It's free, too.:D

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

If I/O voltage is +3.3 in this utility (MBM5) then I'm afraid to tell that I've got the same values (1.55V).
But I really don't get how that tool works. It doesn't display any temperatures although I have checked the boxes in the settings and even checked the one saying "display temp in tray". Nothing. The CPU scales just show 0 in the green sector, nothing else.
Can't be right.

Btw:
-12.00 and -5.00 are dangerously low in the left red sector. What does it mean?

I don't put much stock into software monitors. They are horribly unreliable and they don't support all motherboards. If you are having some problems and are worried that those readings are correct, I'd suggest you check them with a good meter. You might also want to check the voltage on your wall outlet.

trouble and miracles

The problem is, I'm quite sure those values are correct as both tools showed me the same.

Well, after I played around with the settings of MBM5 - I used both this one and Hardware Sensors Monitor - I suddenly had a monitored temperature rise and the latter program to 90.5°C which can only be an error. My machine locked up, but didn't shut down. I tried a couple restarts, but HSM reported an internal error and shut down the system on its own. Great. I removed the MBM5 tool cause it seems dangerous. :D
Btw: Strangely, a restart from XP now works instantly, no retries (see a different thread). I do not understand computers...well... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back